Premier Energy’s comprehensive Site Investigation report provides due diligence for anyone involved in the purchase or development of land wanting to understand the utilities impact on their proposals.
A Site Investigation Report identifies the constraints and budget costs associated with existing and new utility infrastructure to inform development costing and planning. This comprehensive report includes responses from utilities on new connections, diversions, reinforcements and disconnection costs, along with expert opinion and commentary from our experienced utility consultants.
What is a Site Investigation?
Site investigation is required when trying to understand the engineering properties of soil and rock and how they will affect the development. The parameters will differ on each investigation as there are site-specific factors to consider such as construction project proposals and previous use of site. There is a wide variety of site investigation techniques, however typically our investigations are carried out as a phased exercise.
· Phase 1 – Desk Study
· Phase 2 – Intrusive site Investigation
· Phase 3 – Remediation Strategy
· Phase 4 – Validation
Please note that site investigation and ground investigation are different however they are very often confused. A site investigation consists of desk study, appraisal of data, assessment of the ground conditions and an interpretive report, whereas a ground investigation is a more restricted phase of intrusive geo environmental and geotechnical investigation.
Why do I need a Site Investigation report?
Our Site Investigation service is a critical element of your due diligence process and allows you to accurately plan and budget during land acquisition and development planning phases.
We undertake a site visit* so we can compose a report based not only on desk-top utility records but also our observations on site.
Who Are Our Clients?
- Developers, Local Government and Housing Associations
- Highways, Transport, MEP Consultants and Engineers
- Architects, Planners, Lawyers and Surveyors
Why choose this report?
- To ensure due diligence in land appraisal and acquisition
- To identify issues such as constraints due to existing utility assets
- To obtain a comprehensive set of PAS 128 Level D compliant utility records (C2 enquiry under NRSWA)
- To obtain budget costs and informs the strategy for new utility connections
- To understand existing utility network capacities and potential reinforcement costs**
- To obtain C3 or C4 budget costs for diversions**
- For use as a Utility Statement for planning submissions
Site Investigation project support
- An additional service suitable for large-scale masterplanning or complex schemes seeking planning approval
- Available primarily in our core consultancy region of London & the South East, although sites outside this area will be considered
Includes the Site Investigation scope as above, plus a range of additional client requested support options:
- Attend an agreed number of pre-planning design team meetings (e.g. for masterplan drafting) where required.
- Provide technical support and consultancy advice for utility design issues relevant at the pre-planning application stage over an agreed period of time
- To develop utility strategies for phased developments